What's New in APSE
- New feature: thumbnails are shown on the search results page.
- New Feature: The Firefox extension notifies you when a snapshot failed, rather than leaving you hanging. (You probably need to start APSE.)
- Improvement: Form submission UI is more difficult to mis-click.
- Bugfix: prevented a couple instances where Apse could fail to start correctly.
- Improvement: made the UI more clear about expired and invalid license keys.
- New Feature: Quick search. Now you can search from any screen in the app.
- New Feature: Configure whether APSE starts auto-recording when you launch it, or waits until you tell it to.
- Improvement: A handful of user interface improvements. The paused/recording indicator is clearer now. Stealth-camouflage markers are less obtrusive.
- Bugfix: prevent a case when APSE could freeze if it was unable to verify the activation key
- New Feature: Recent search history. Your recent searches are remembered, so you can easily go back and forth between searches.
- Improvement: added easier navigation links to previous/next snapshots
- Bugfix: Apse recognizes when monitors are connected or disconnected while it is running.
- Bugfix: pausing and unpausing after Apse has been running a very long time don't require a page reload
- New Feature: When you manually take a snapshot with the Firefox extension, the button notifies you when it was successful!
- Bugfix: Prevent external applications from triggering manual snapshots.
- Bugfix: Fix a bug preventing the app from launching on Solus Linux.
- Bugfix: Prevent an invalid config value from stopping screenshots being taken.
- Improvement: OCR is about 50% faster! You can take snapshots more often, or at the same frequency and see much lower CPU usage.
- Improvement: dramatically better layout detection. Text in multiple windows or columns is grouped much more intelligently.
- New feature: visual indicator that Apse is working on long-running searches. Very useful.
- Improvement: UI for manual snapshots and expired license error messages are clearer.
- Breaking change: OSX Mavericks is no longer supported. Apple users please upgrade to at least Yosemite.
- Bugfix: fix an issue where deleting the latest snapshot could prevent new ones from being added.
- Bugfix: Snapshots containing HTML code are rendered properly.
- Bugfix: Prevent a circumstance where a manual snapshot could be accidentally triggered.
- Bugfix: On Windows, the Apse icon won't be un-pinned from your taskbar when upgrading to a new version.
- New Feature: Advanced Search! AND and OR and NOT to your heart's desire. Date ranges supported too!
- Improvement: Many UI improvements and clarifications
- Bugfix: Fixed copy/paste on Mac OS
- New feature: Live config updates - you can update your Apse config without restarting the app!
- Improvement: Faster shutdown times
- Improvement: Better indication of how results are sorted
- Improvement: Better indication of whether auto-snapshots are paused
- Bugfix: Fixed potential issue on Mac that could prevent text extraction
- Bugfix: Correct an issue blocking batch deletion.
- Bugfix: Correct an issue with Apse launching on Mac OS.
- Bugfix: Prevent Apse from exiting before all manual snapshots are processed.
- New Feature: Added ability to take manual snapshots from system tray
- Bugfix: Prevent cases where system tray icon could disappear
- New Feature: Added ability to sort results by date
- New Feature: Added welcome screen for first time starting Apse
- New Feature: Firefox extension for taking manual snapshots directly from your browser. Get the extension here.
- Improvement: Better navigation and ability to reload pages
- New Feature: Take Snapshot Now - you can manually trigger a snapshot at any time from the Apse window.
- Improvement: Smart image processing to handle dark backgrounds. Vastly improves accuracy.
- Improvement: Pause/Unpause buttons and status have been clarified
- New Feature:
SkynetApse gains self-awareness. Apse can recognize itself in screenshots, so your search index doesn't get polluted with text from the Apse window.
- Improvement: Prevent page layout from hiding some information on result pages.
- Bugfix: Prevent deleted snapshots from breaking links in next/previous snapshot.
- Initial release of Apse!
Sound good? You can get Apse now: